Spring training is right around the corner and we are ecstatic! It is one of the few times you can get up close and personal with your favorite baseball players while getting handshakes and autographs at the same time. It’s truly a phenomenal experience that we’d recommend all baseball lovers have at least once in their lifetime. There’s no better place to experience this than at Meridian CondoResorts. Surrounded by beautiful golf course views, luxury condos, and vibrant nightlife, you’ll feel right at home during Scottsdale spring training.
It’s not too early to start planning your Scottsdale spring training pilgrimage! With 15 teams playing over 200 games at 10 local stadiums in a month, you’ll want to make your preparations early. The Scottsdale Stadium in Old Town Scottsdale, one of the stadiums where spring training takes place, has undergone renovations featuring a new clubhouse, a VIP seating area, and new bleacher seating. It is the only stadium located in Scottsdale. However, Salt River Fields is another excellent stadium that is just a few miles away and features a free shuttle and a game everyday. It is also the only stadium built on a Native American reservation. The best part of Scottsdale AZ spring training is the 80-degree weather perfect for attending practices for teams like the Colorado Rockies, the Arizona Diamondbacks, and all the Cactus League teams.
Whether you’re a veteran or new to this extraordinary baseball fan experience, it doesn’t hurt to have a few helpful tips under your belt to take your trip to the next level. That’s why we’ve provided a quick spring training guide of sorts to maximize your baseball fan experience and ensure you get everything you can out of your trip. You might come across some spring training tips you never even considered.
A quick note about how to get autographs
One of the most coveted items from attending Scottsdale spring training is securing an autograph. We have news for you. It’s not as easy as it seems. Yes, there is an art to getting autographs. One of the biggest mistakes spring training fans make is not having a plan of getting one. That’s right! You should have a strategy prepared for getting your favorite player’s autograph. There are a few key elements to making sure you secure a coveted signature!
- Location, location, location – Following the masses or showing up at the wrong location are two of the biggest mistakes you can make. Typically, players may sign for 5 minutes or not at all. So, it’s in your best interest to not place yourself at the dugouts or try catching your favorite player heading back to the bus.
- Timing is everything – Players don’t sign autographs at the dugout because it is bad timing. A player’s mindset at this time is on the game, not a fancy signature. Your favorite player is not particularly interested in creating a mob of fans right before a fastball. The best time to secure an autograph is before and after the game.
- Your best behavior – Politeness goes a long way and professional baseball players are taking notes on fan behavior. When responding to your favorite baseball player regarding their availability to give you a signature, it is best to stick to “please” and “thank you.” Players tend to avoid those individuals with a lot of items in their hands to be signed and those who unruly.
Our Spring Training guide
Now that we’ve got a few quick pointers out of the way, let’s move on to our training guide! We’ll draw your attention to a few key essentials to best prepare for spring training in Scottsdale and increase your chances of interacting with your favorite players. So, grab your pen because you might want to take notes!
- Be early – You’ve probably heard the phrase, “the early bird gets the worm.” Well, apply the same philosophy to your stadium attendance. Hardcore fans are known to be at the stadium at 7AM. If this is not your forte, the stadium usually opens two hours prior to game time.
- Practice makes perfect – Remember that practices are open to the public and are usually held between 9AM and 12PM. This is a prime opportunity to interact with your favorite players and coaches since they are more accessible. You’ll see scouts, media, and players in their element. Take advantage of this opportunity to get up close and personal with your baseball heroes.
- Buy tickets online – This goes without saying. Buying your tickets online helps you avoid waiting in long lines. You will find tickets on MLB.com as early as January. If you’re looking for VIP tickets for Scottsdale Stadium, they can be found on the Scottsdale Charros website. Salt River Fields VIP tickets can be purchased through the stadium as well.
- Bring your appetite – It would be a shame to come all the way to Scottsdale and not experience the plethora of goodies the stadiums have in store for you. So, come ready to enjoy a mouthwatering lineup during your visits to stadiums. Downtown Scottsdale has a ton of great restaurants including the Rusty Spur Saloon, Old Town Cavern, and Coach House, just to name a few. Basically, leave your diet plans at home for a few days.
- Public transportation – Other great things about Scottsdale spring training? The free shuttles that take you between stadiums. You can park your car at a parking garage or lot, and take the Old Town Trolley around town. There are plenty of other options like ridesharing that will give you a break from driving.
Book your stay at Meridian CondoResorts
Did we mention you should stay with us for spring training? Well, in case you missed it, our luxury condos are pretty nice. In fact, we have Unlimited Stay and Play Golf Packages in Scottsdale that we think you’ll love! With access to the best Arizona has to offer, our exclusive, world-famous golf packages include seasoned professionals that can provide insight. Coupled with luxury condos and top-quality amenities, your spring training schedule will be lit! Book your room today and ask about how we can get you connected for Scottsdale spring training!