Have you been invited to go golfing for the first time? Congratulations, it’s a game of skill and strategy enjoyed by amateurs and professionals alike! It is most often associated with the business since many important decisions are made while playing golf. Still, it is meant to be a leisurely competitive game with stunning views of the greens and surrounding areas.
In Scottsdale, this experience is dramatically elevated by towering boulders, rolling greens, and impressive mountains that are unrivaled. There are several award-winning golf courses in the local area that our unlimited stay and play packages provide access to. If this is your first time on the Scottsdale greens, be prepared to be amazed by the beautiful landscapes. There is no better place to learn and play golf for the first time!
What to Expect on Your First Golf Course
Golfing for the first time can be intimidating. You may have pre-established assumptions and expectations of golf based on what you’ve seen on TV. The immaculately manicured greens and effortless golf swings may give the wrong impression for beginners.
While manicured greens may be present, they largely depend on what golf course you play on and the amount of money you are willing to spend per round. It’s important to note that what you pay for a round of golf will determine your expectations. Different golf courses have various costs that are reflected in the amount you pay to play. Other significant factors that play a role like weather, type of golf course, trained staff, and golf course maintenance can have an impact on your expectations. Regardless of the change in expectations, there are a number of factors that remain consistent while playing golf:
- Dress code – Golf courses often have their own dress code policies but there are some consistent dress code norms that all golfers adhere to. As a new player, it’s best to stay on the safe side with proper golf attire that includes collared shirts tucked into pants or shorts and athletic or golf shoes for men. Women have a number of options for golf attire that includes collared shirts with or without sleeves, polyester or spandex shorts or skort, and athletic shoes. A number of premium brands like Nike, Adidas, and Puma have great golf style options for both men and women. When in doubt, maintain a conservative golf style and you won’t go wrong.
- Etiquette – There are basic golfing etiquette standards that help all players maintain camaraderie and a great golfing experience. These standards are just as important as the game itself. They help to keep the game competitive and respectful. Here are the rules to observe while out on the greens:
- Silence – When a player is up to putt, it’s recommended to stay silent and not move or make any distractions. Staying quiet so that your fellow players can maintain concentration is a sign of respect and good sportsmanship. This includes muting your cell phone and all other electronic devices you have on you to maintain silence.
- Pace – To keep a proper pace of play, try not to take too long to take your shot. It is completely understandable that everyone may be anxious to putt, so being patient with others as well as properly pacing yourself will make the golfing experience great for everyone. A good rule of thumb is to take no more than 30 to 45 seconds to check the lie, choose your club, judge your swing, and take a shot.
- Respect – Respect doesn’t end with how you interact with your golf mates. It also includes how you treat the greens. It’s important to always remember to replace your divots and repair any damage made by the swing or your shoes.
- Distance – Be mindful of where you stand in relation to fellow golfers. You never want to be in a golfer’s line of sight or anywhere near the hole. If you are close enough, offer to mark the ball for them then stand to the side.
- Calm – We all get frustrated sometimes playing golf because that’s what healthy competition is all about. You win some and you lose some. However, maintaining your cool is also just as important. Golf is meant to be a game of relaxation and enjoyment. Taking deep breaths and enjoying the stunning landscape will help to remind you that it isn’t that bad.
- Equipment – No need to get too fancy for your first round of golf but there are must-haves that you should bring with you. A set or a half set of golf clubs is essential and should be a priority when preparing for the golf course. Any set should include a few woods, irons, a wedge, and a putter for a total of 14. However, a set of 7 will be just fine for your first time. A majority of golf clubs will require each player to have their own bag. If you prefer to rent a set from the golf course, be prepared to pay between $10 – $70.
- First tee – All the preparation has led up to this moment! Depending on the golf course, you and your group will be called by a starter or on a loudspeaker. If there’s no announcement at all, you should be prepared to claim the tee at the assigned time. When you are paired with other players, remember to introduce yourself but don’t shake anyone’s hand with a golf glove on. If you prefer not to play with strangers, you should notify the pro shop to play solo. We recommended that you play with more experienced players to learn quicker.
- Safety – The golf course can be a dangerous place if you are not aware of your surroundings. While playing, ensure that no one is standing behind you and ask others to move if they are too close. When you hit a ball that is headed towards people, you must yell, “Fore” as loud as possible. Ensuring the group before you are out of the way can help prevent this from happening. Before you swing, make sure the group before you has proceeded to the next tee.
Stay and Play Packages Feature TPC Scottsdale Golf Course
Our team of local and experienced golf professionals are here to help golfers at any skill level. Our unlimited stay and play packages are a guest favorite. You’ll have access to incredible golf courses that will not only meet but exceed your expectations. With discounted rates for groups, you can expect to receive more value than what you pay for while enjoying luxurious condos and resort-style amenities. We’ve received overwhelmingly positive feedback about Troon North golf club Scottsdale Arizona and the Grayhawk golf course Scottsdale Arizona locations. The famous TPC Scottsdale golf course is synonymous with the Waste Management Phoenix Open and is a guest favorite. When you stay with us, you will have access to all of these award-winning golf courses! Not bad for a first time golfing experience.
Call to Book the Best Golf Course in Scottsdale
You can expect an incredible golfing experience when you stay in our luxurious and fully equipped condominiums. When paired with our VIP stay and play packages, you’ll be scheduling your next trip before you leave! With a plethora of impressive golf courses at incredible rates, you can expect the best with us.
Call to book your reservation today!