What are your plans for the rest of the spring? There’s plenty to get into right here in North Scottsdale! Meridian CondoResorts is conveniently located near all the hot spots and we’re going to share them with you. As you’re planning your next getaway in our luxurious condos with endless amenities and famous “Stay and Play” golf packages, you’ll want to be up to date on the things to do near Scottsdale. If it’s been a while since you’ve visited Arizona, don’t worry. Our experienced and local professionals know the terrain like the back of their hand so you are in good hands!
What to Do in Scottsdale AZ
There are a number of regular spots we like to recommend to our guests when they arrive from out of town that the locals frequent. Outside of our fantastic golf courses, there are bars, restaurants, events, and experiences that you’ll want to book extra days for. Seriously, when you stay at Meridian CondoResorts, our personal concierge service can handle all of the logistics once you decide on what to do in Scottsdale AZ out of all the options available. We’ve taken the time to compile a list of what to do in Scottsdale AZ. Your welcome:
- Rawhide – As one of the area’s biggest attractions and just a 30-minute drive from Scottsdale, it is a chance to experience a little of everything at once. It is around 18 miles to downtown Phoenix and only 14 miles from Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport. It has been built to be an authentic replica of a western town from the 1880s and is complete with a steakhouse, ice cream parlor, gunfights, stagecoach, train rides, and saloon. You’ll also have the chance to play games, ride a mechanical bull, climb a wall, and take a burro ride. Experience dinner served to live music with the option to toe tap and dance. It’s the perfect outing for large groups or family and friends. You won’t want to leave without a quick visit to the gift shop to commemorate your visit. The average entry cost is between $10 and $19.
- Frank Lloyd Wright’s Taliesin West – Based on the legendary architect Frank Llyod Wright, this area served as his home and architectural studio. Taliesin West is one of his greatest works and has been preserved over the years. Wright’s work was created with the belief that structure and space could coexist in such a way that conveys cultural values. He drew on his own spiritual and romantic values while embracing innovation in his structures. The site was established by the Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation in 1940 with a vision to inspire the world through beautifully and thoughtfully designed spaces. Their mission is to continue to preserve this site for future generations to inspire society through an understanding and experience of Wright’s ideas, architecture, and design.
- McCormick – Stillman Railroad Park – This experience is for the kid in all of us that loves trains! This 30-acre park located in the heart of Scottsdale is complete with a 1950s carousel, museums, shops, and one of a kind playground. You won’t want to miss the 10,000 square foot train model or the Scottsdale Railroad Museum featuring 200 years of historic artifacts, exhibits, and train cars. The Park also features family-friendly one of kind events like March Movie Mania and the Exclusively Little Expo. With so many rides and attractions to choose from, you’ll want to spend the whole day exploring.
- Night Vision Tours – Brought to you by Stellar Adventures, schedule to see the Sonoran desert when the sun goes down. Literally, the Arizona desert comes alive at night and it is a sight to see! There are night tours to choose from like Arizona Stargazing and Arizona Night Vision. You may be interested in other tours like the ATV, UTV, and Hummer tours that take you on an adventure through the desert. The Hummer tours are especially thrilling with 20 miles of breathtaking vistas to sea and rivers. Brace yourself for panoramic mountain views of the Superstition Mountains. The ATV and UTV tours will give you an up-close glimpse of the rugged and raw beauty of the desert peppered with jaguars and exotic fauna. You’ll ride past the Tonto National Forest with lush pine trees offering shade. If you’re looking for an awesome outdoor shooting experience, you can do so among the picturesque Arizona mountains. You’ll begin your experience with an in-depth Firearm Safety Debriefing. Afterward, you’ll have the chance to shoot two firearms from a multitude of options.
- McDonald’s Ranch – As the leading horseback riding stable in the Scottsdale area, the kids can enjoy many activities such as a petting zoo, stagecoach, and horseback rides with a guide, and for all the little ones in your group pony, rides. We also have cowboy cookouts, hayrides, team building events, and public events. Come see the wild wild west like never before and be in close proximity to the PGA Tour and Scottsdale Arabian Horseshow, the Barrett Jackson Car Show, and the Scottsdale MLB Spring Training Facilities. Make sure to check out the midnight horseback rides that take you through the desert as you watch the owls hunt for food and listen to the coyotes conversate.
- Butterfly Wonderland – Transport yourself in this immersive rainforest experience and surround yourself with the naturally beautiful butterfly. There is so much to see in Butterfly Wonderland that you may need a couple of trips to take it all in. Start your journey in the conservatory and observe as 70 unique types of butterflies converge for the initial feast on nectar from flowers. Take a trip to tropics as we house dozens of koi fish, two chickens, tropical finches, and red tree frogs. The 3D Theater features butterflies flying in your face off the screen and into your lap. Educate yourself about the butterfly in a short film titled “Flight of the Butterflies”. Remember to check out the Bee Extravaganza while you’re there and watch the hardest working animals on earth go about their daily chores. If you’re feeling brave, try a taste test at the Edible Insects Station complete with chocolate-covered ants, cricket protein coconut-infused brittle mealworms, and lollipops containing scorpions. Yum!
- Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art – This is an immersive space for all kinds of art. With 5 galleries and a sculpture garden, modern art is front and center. Various areas of the museum are meant to emphasize other forms of art. Other spaces feature a film theater, events, and a lecture series. You’ll want to be sure to check out the Turrell Skyspace featuring Arizona based James Turrell, who has been creating eloquent artworks using light as a medium for more than 50 years.
- Marshall Way Arts District – Go to Scottsdale’s downtown main street for a double dose of art and culture. Take a walk and browse the galleries on Marshall Way. You’ll be impressed with artist demonstrations, exhibit openings, and live entertainment. While you’re there, take a detour for wine tasting and good food.
Call and Book Your Luxury Condo Today
Have we convinced you yet that you will have a great time at Meridian CondoResorts? Well, our concierge team is ready to handle the logistics once you’ve made your mind up about which events you want to experience. Let us know if you’ll need a fully stocked fridge with groceries, rental cars, spa package, cribs, or an air mattress for an extra guest. You might want to take advantage of our unlimited stay and play golf packages in Scottsdale and squeeze in a few rounds of in-between experiences. In fact, if you think you’ll need a few more days to take advantage of all the things to do near Scottsdale, AZ, let us know.
Check out our website and give us a call with any questions you have for your next trip to Scottsdale!